The Women’s Refuge is inviting men and women to attend its 22nd annual Physicians’ Symposium.
This year’s theme is “Healthcare After COVID,” presented and sponsored by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Alan J. Durkin, owner of Ocean Drive Plastic Surgery and MedSpa. The event is scheduled for Thursday, May 12 at 5:30 p.m., at Grand Harbor Golf Club, located at 4985 Club Terrace in Vero Beach. The cost to attend is $150 per person.
Proceeds benefit hurting women and families. Respond by April 30 by calling (772) 770-4424 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and refreshments will be served.
The 2022 Symposium’s panel of doctors will include:
- Dr. Alan J. Durkin, plastic and reconstructive surgery;
- Dr. Jimmy Chim, plastic surgery;
- Dr. Wayne Creelman, psychiatry
- Dr. Jessica L. D’Elia, pediatrics
- Dr. Marc McCain, pediatrics
- Dr. Mistyann-Blue Miller, cardiology
- Dr. George Mitchell, chief academic officer and director of pulmonary critical care at Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital;
- Dr. Heather Nagel, radiology; and
- Dr. David Peter, chief medical officer at Cleveland Clinic.
Women’s Refuge Executive Director Diane A. Ludwig is thankful for the support of Durkin, who not only faithfully supports the agency’s mission every year but also is a hands-on key volunteer to assemble the panel and moderate the symposium.
For 22 years, the Women’s Refuge has offered help, hope and lifelong healing from life’s traumas, a place to experience spiritual renewal and emotional transformation. The agency provides a Christian residential program for women who stay for two weeks up to two years, a biblical counseling center for women, men and families to help them with day-to-day trials, plus life-changing support groups for the community.
For more information, visit womensrefugevb.org or call (772) 770-4424.